IPAF Summit speakers announced
22 February 2023
The IPAF Summit will be looking ahead when it takes place on 20 April, with the theme this year being ‘The Future’.
As always the Summit will include a range of presentations from leading industry experts who will explore how the sector will develop.
Taking place on the same day as the IAPA awards, the Summit will also celebrate IPAF’s 40th anniversary year. As the Federation points out, the industry has changed beyond recognition over the last four decades, with safety and technological developments advancing working at height equipment and its use.
While powered access has proven itself to be the safest way to work temporarily at height, what does the next 40 years hold for the sector, and how will it continue to develop through periods of instability?
This year’s speakers are:
- Peter Douglas, CEO & Managing Director, IPAF - 40 years of IPAF in powered access.
- Jay Iyengar, executive vice president, chief technology and strategic sourcing officer - topic to be confirmed.
- Lars Thomsen, chief futurist at the Future Matters and & member of the World Future Society - Global trends
- Marco Einhaus, from accident insurer Berufsgenossenschft -Safety Improvements in the Industry.
- Susan Xu, from Sinoboom - AI changes the industry
- Jurgen Küspert, from German industry association bbi e.V. - Developments in the German rental market.
- Kate Bell, head of UK training & Alana Paterson, head of HSE, Nationwide Platforms - Innovation in the industry.
- Angel Ibanez, IPAF and Kevin O’Shea, Hydro Mobil - why the industry needs to work together - a case study.
- Katrin Blau and Romina Vanzi, IPAF - Building diverse teams
- Panel Session: Alice Henault (Loxam), Carolin Winkel (Zeppelin Rental), Oana Samoila (Almac-Italia) Karin Nars (Dinolift). Chaired by Lindsey Anderson, KHL
- Closing Comments: Karin Nars, IPAF President.
The programme has not yet been fully confirmed and may be updated.
For more details about the IPAF Summit and the IAPA awards visit the event website.